Public Works Department
Jefferson County, Missouri
Salary Range: $51,885 to $85,611 (normal entry salary is $51,885)
The Civil Engineer performs complex and professional engineering work for environmental, water, sewer, street, and other public works projects and programs ensuring technical competence and compliance with all current codes and criteria. Serves as a Project Manager.
- Graduation from four-year college or university with a degree in civil engineering or a closely related field required.
- Previous related experience required; minimum of five years previous professional civil engineering experience is preferred.
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Must possess a valid State Class E Commercial driver’s license or ability to obtain.
- Must be physically capable of moving about on construction work sites and under adverse field conditions.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in the state of Missouri preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
Please complete and submit an application to the Human Resource Department by close of
- Knowledge of civil engineering principles, practices, and methods as applicable to a County setting.
- Knowledge of applicable County policies, laws, and regulations affecting Division activities.
- Skill in operating the listed tools and equipment.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information, orally and in writing, to contractors, developers, property owners, employees, consultants, other governmental agency representatives, County officials and the general public.
- Skill in arriving at accurate cost estimates on complex projects.
- Ability to conduct engineering research and compile comprehensive reports.
- Ability to use a personal computer, including word processing, spreadsheet, and data base, graphics, remote communications, Internet, printer, scanner, modem, and computer-aided-design software, standard drafting tools, engineering calculator, motor vehicle, phone, mobile radio.
business day on March 29, 2017. Information must be included on the application even if a resume is attached, and the application must be completed in entirety in order to be considered for employment. Applications are available on our website at www.jeffcomo.org or in the Human Resource Department at 729 Maple Street, Hillsboro, MO 63050.
It is the policy of Jefferson County to provide Equal Opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment, regardless of any individual’s race, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other protected class status.