Location: Civil Design Inc. 1552 S. 7th St., Saint Louis, MO 63104
Civil Design Inc.
A certified Woman Business Enterprise, Civil Design, Inc. is a civil engineering firm of 50+ team members committed to building stronger communities in the markets we serve. Areas of focus include site development, surveying, transportation, water resources, infrastructure & analytics, and structures. Civil Design Inc. recently celebrated its 20th year in business and has offices in St. Louis, MO, Effingham, IL and Louisville, KY.
CDI has a strong family-oriented culture with the drive to build stronger co-worker, client and local communities. Guided by the values of continuous learning and growth, first time quality, mutual trust and respect, ownership and responsiveness – CDI offers a spirited team atmosphere driving quality engineering and strong client relationships.
In addition to the needed technical skills to perform this job successfully, an individual should also demonstrate the following competencies: Strong Communication, Collaboration, Positive Attitude, Adaptability and Analytical Thinking.
- Design and Project Management lead, including scope and budgets, directing Roadway design, coordinating work with other staff, and design team members.
- Review, and provide roadway design elements including horizontal and vertical alignments, cross sections, intersection layout, drainage design, utilities conflict and relocations, as well as other roadway design tasks.
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, conducting, and coordinating the technical aspects of projects.
- Be a key point of contact with clients, contractors, and local government officials
- Assist in the preparation of engineering project proposals
- Work collaboratively with CDI managers, and other Project Engineers to develop effective solutions.
- Project Engineer with design experience in the field of Transportation with a focus on municipal, and/or governmental roadway/highway projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from a four-year college or university; PE required
- 10+ years’ Experience
- Strong technical skills in transportation engineering, roadway design, and drainage design
- Proficiency with Bentley MicroStation and Geopak software
- Experienced in working with both governmental, and private clients in Missouri, and Illinois
- Proficiency in Power Geopak SS4
- Experience with MicroStation
- Previous Experience with MicroStation GeoPak Drainage