Job Title: Structural CAD Designer
Location: Civil Design Inc. (Effingham, IL, Louisville KY or St. Louis, MO)
Civil Design Inc.
A certified Woman Business Enterprise, Civil Design, Inc. is a civil engineering firm of 50+ team members committed to building stronger communities in the markets we serve. Areas of focus include site development, surveying, transportation, water resources and structures. Civil Design Inc. is in its 20th year in business and has offices in Effingham, IL, Louisville KY and St. Louis, MO
CDI has a strong family-oriented culture with the drive to build stronger co-worker, client and local communities. Guided by the values of continuous learning and growth, first time quality, mutual trust and respect, ownership and responsiveness – CDI offers a spirited team atmosphere driving quality engineering and strong client relationships.
Competitive Benefit Package including health, dental and vision Insurance, 401(k) and PTO.
· In this role, the Structural Designer will be an integral part of our Structures/Bridge Group supporting our Structural Engineers on various bridge types, as well as assisting our transportation and site development teams with their designs as needed.
· Use CAD software and established drafting standards to develop layouts, drawings, and designs that meet engineering specifications in transportation related & building structures including: bridges, culverts, retaining walls, foundations, new buildings & building retrofits.
· Eagerness to work on a wide variety of project types.
· Ability to work collaboratively with the CDI Group Leader, Project Engineers and other team members to develop effective solutions.
· Ensures compliance with CDI’s safety procedures.
· Degree or Certificate in Design or Drafting.
· 10+ years of structural design experience.
· Proficiency with AutoCAD and MicroStation.
· Experience with Department of Transportation designs with MODOT, IDOT or KYTC.
· Knowledge of industry and regulatory standards and codes.
· Ability to work effectively in a team environment and possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
· Accredited Undergraduate degree in Engineering or Design
· Demonstrated ability to work with 3D drafting/design software (REVIT). If interested in the position, please visit our CDI Career page at http://civildesigninc.com/details.aspx?NavID=17