Job Title: Structural Project Engineer
Location: Civil Design Inc. (Effingham, IL, Louisville KY or St. Louis, MO)
Civil Design Inc.
A certified Woman Business Enterprise, Civil Design, Inc. is a civil engineering firm of 50+ team members committed to building stronger communities in the markets we serve. Areas of focus include site development, surveying, transportation, water resources and structures. Civil Design Inc. is in its 20th year in business and has offices in Effingham, IL, Louisville KY and St. Louis, MO
CDI has a strong family-oriented culture with the drive to build stronger co-worker, client and local communities. Guided by the values of continuous learning and growth, first time quality, mutual trust and respect, ownership and responsiveness – CDI offers a spirited team atmosphere driving quality engineering and strong client relationships.
Competitive Benefit Package including health, dental and vision Insurance, 401(k) and PTO.
· In this role, the Structural Engineer will be an integral part of our Structures/Bridge Group designing various bridge types, as well as support our transportation and site development Groups with their design needs.
· Manage structural engineering projects by creating scope and budgets, directing the design and coordinating work with other staff and design team members.
· Strong knowledge of building materials (Steel, Concrete, Masonry, Wood), construction methods, structural inspections, construction document preparation.
· Analyze and design transportation related & building structures including: bridges, culverts, retaining walls, foundations, new buildings & building retrofits.
· Be a key point of contact with clients, contractors, and local officials.
· Eagerness to work on a wide variety of project types.
· Assist in the preparation of engineering project proposals.
· Work collaboratively with the CDI Group Leader, Project Engineers and other team members to develop effective solutions.
· Ensures compliance with CDI’s safety procedures.
· Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
· Missouri, Illinois or Kentucky PE required.
· 3+ years of bridge related design experience.
· Proficiency with AutoCAD and MicroStation
· Department of Transportation structures experience (bridges and walls) (MoDOT, IDOT or KYTC).
· Highly proficient with structural analysis and design software (Revit experience is a plus).
· Ability to work effectively in a team environment and possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
· Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering.
· Illinois SE License or ability to obtain If interested in the position, please visit our CDI Career page at http://civildesigninc.com/details.aspx?NavID=17