Civil Design, Inc.
Job Title: Water Resources Service Leader
Location: St. Louis, MO; Louisville, KY; or Effingham, IL
Civil Design Inc.: A certified Woman Business Enterprise, Civil Design, Inc. is a civil engineering firm of 75+ team members committed to building stronger communities in the markets we serve. Areas of focus include Site Development, Surveying, Transportation, Water Resources, Structures and Infrastructure + Analytics. Civil Design Inc. has over 20 years’ experience in the industry and has offices in Effingham, IL, Louisville, KY and St. Louis, MO.
Culture: CDI has a strong family-oriented culture with the drive to build stronger co-worker, client and local communities. Guided by the values of continuous learning and growth, mutual trust and respect, ownership and responsiveness – CDI offers a spirited team atmosphere driving quality engineering and strong client relationships.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND PERFORMANCE AREAS
• Directing and leading the growth of Water Resources across the entire organization
• Compassionate, positive and trusting leader to champion the CDI Culture and Values within the organization.
• Embraces CDI’s vision of “Building Stronger Communities”, “creating a great place to work”, and that at CDI we “lead people, manage projects”.
• Coach, mentor and motivate the project team members, encouraging them to take positive action and be accountable for their assigned work and professional development.
• Flexible to be responsive and supportive of the needs of your CDI team members.
• Work collaboratively with CDI Service Line Leaders, Project Managers, Project Engineers and Design Team to coordinate design aspects and develop effective solutions.
Service Line Leader Management:
• Serve as the key point of contact with clients, contractors and local government officials regarding various aspects of projects.
• Assist in reviewing the project scope and proposals.
• Design and management of treatment, wastewater collection, and water system conveyance facilities.
• Prepare grant applications, facility plans and coordinate with private and public stakeholders to secure project funding specifically for small and medium sized systems.
• Ability to assist on water resources and resiliency aspects of multi-disciplinary projects for integrated water resources planning and watershed master planning.
• Design improvements to wastewater treatment facilities to meet environmental regulations. These include wastewater lagoons, package plants, biological and mechanical treatment processes.
• Managing water, wastewater, and reclaimed water supply through planning, modeling and permitting.
• Ensure team members across service line are utilized appropriately and within budget.
• Project oversight including staffing, budget and schedule.
• Determining when additional team members are needed; Assisting in interviewing, hiring and onboarding process of new team members.
• Responsible for QA/QC for all projects.
• 55-60% billable.
Marketing and Client Relations:
• Ability to develop business development plan for Water Resources Service Line
• Work collaboratively with CDI’s business development and marketing team to respond appropriately to RFQ’s and RFP’s.
• Ability to interpret RFPs and relate marketing efforts to fee estimate and proposal development.
• Attend professional conferences; present projects as value added pieces for the community.
• Engage in public outreach, marketing and client communication.
• Aptitude to be responsive and innovative to the needs of our clients.
• Willing to travel to CDI’s service areas (Missouri, Illinois, Indiana and Kentucky): Minimal overnight travel.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills
• Strong time management and organization skills.
• Experience in successfully leading a diverse team.
• Knowledge in civil engineering principles, best practices and methods, environmental regulations, construction, quality control/assurance, survey methods and workplace safety.
• Knowledge of Project Management, cost estimating, client relations, and proposal development.
• Basic computer skills and proficiency in AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, and other relevant software.
• Ability to read and interpret engineering plans, blueprints and specifications, records of surveys, and tract descriptions.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and make decisions.
• Ability to manage projects and handle simultaneously occurring tasks.
• High capacity for self-motivation and ability to apply engineering knowledge to a variety of projects.
• Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
• High attention to detail.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil/ Environmental Engineering from a four-year college or university; PE required
• Minimum ten years’ experience in Civil Engineering is required.
• Professional Engineer (P.E.) License with design experience with a focus on water resources and/or environmental.
• Experience with hydrologic, hydraulic and groundwater software