City of Wentzville
Job Position: Engineering Technician – Stormwater
Salary: $26.43 – $28.13 Hourly / $54,974.40 – $58,510.40 Annually
The City of Wentzville is seeking a Full Time Engineering Technician – Stormwater.
In recent years, the City has been the only municipality named to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch Top Workplaces list. This list is based solely on employee feedback gathered through a third- party survey, which measures several aspects of workplace culture, including how employees feel about pay, benefits, managers and leadership – just to name a few.
This position performs inspection, testing, and reporting of stormwater infrastructure. Oversees grading, drainage, erosion control, water quality, and pollution prevention to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and to protect public health and safety.
Wentzville’s leadership is committed to being a regional destination, ensuring economic vitality, providing industry-leading services, optimizing the City’s infrastructure, and being a safe, inclusive and engaged community. Wentzville employees serve an integral role in integrating these five critical success factors into their everyday jobs. The City offers excellent benefits including health, vision, dental, employer-paid life insurance, long-term disability, a retirement pension, 12 holidays, two floating holidays, vacation time, sick time, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance, a discounted recreation center membership and much more!
Complete an application for an opportunity to join a work environment with a strong sense of place, potential for growth and resources for success.
For priority consideration, please submit your application by 5 p.m. on February 22. This posting will remain open until filled.
ESSENTIAL & ANCILLARY JOB DUTIES:
Essential Job Duties:
- Provide as-built information and coordinate stormwater system inventories and the maintenance and tracking of stormwater system assets in order to keep GIS mapping updated and accurate.
- Inspect infrastructure for compliance and perform enforcement of city ordinances, construction specifications, engineering design criteria, and storm water pollution prevention plans.
- Review and comment on engineering plans, test reports, and as-built drawings to ensure that construction has been completed within acceptable tolerances and according to established criteria.
- Perform plot plan review and final lot inspections.
- Investigate stormwater concerns; recommend solutions for contractors, staff, and residents.
- Perform activities and annual reporting for compliance with the City’s Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) Permit and natural resource regulations.
- Assist in the development of stormwater policies and procedures.
- Perform and track inspections of existing public and private stormwater water quality facilities; provide education and training on maintenance for property owners of both public and privately owned facilities.
Ancillary Job Duties:
- Perform inspection of sanitary, water, and street infrastructure on new construction.
- Perform community outreach and training activities.
- Monitor projects and report hazardous conditions and safety concerns.
- Respond to winter storm operations on a 24 hour call basis; plow snow and spread salt as needed to clear parking lots and streets.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS & KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Job Qualifications: Education, experience and training that are required or desirable in order to effectively perform the job at the time of hire. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered. Additional requirements and/or substitutions may be requested and require the approval of HR.
- Associate’s degree in Science, Biology, Chemistry, Engineering, or a related field desired.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Civil Engineering, Public Works, Construction, or a similar work environment required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Prior experience with hydrology, hydraulics, construction inspection, and native landscaping is desired.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: May be representative, but not all-inclusive, of those knowledge, skills and abilities commonly associated with this position.
- Proficiency in use of basic business software (word processing, spreadsheets, email, presentations), AutoCAD Civil 3D, and Arc GIS software and basic knowledge of office equipment and machines.
- Familiarity with general stormwater practices and water quality expectations. Ability to read and understand blueprint and construction plans.
- Ability to communicate technical information in an effective, clear manner.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task efficiently.
- Attention to detail and the ability to maintain focused concentration.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential job duty.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
Work Environment – Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the duties of this job.
- Indoor and outdoor work environment.
- May be exposed to moderate noise levels and occasional loud noises from equipment.
- Occasionally exposed to varying, inclement weather; may be exposed to wet, humid, hot, and/or cold conditions.
- Occasionally required to work in hazardous traffic conditions and near moving mechanical parts.
- Occasionally required to wear protective gear in order to limit exposure to dust, chemicals, and environmental toxins.
Physical Abilities – The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Work may require frequent standing, walking, climbing, bending, and lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to speak and hear clearly.
- Must be able to have repetitive wrist, hand, and/or finger movement.
- Must have finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Must have clarity of vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The City of Wentzville is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The City does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. The City of Wentzville makes every effort to fully comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer. The City of Wentzville is a drug and alcohol free work place. A pre-employment drug screen is required for all positions. The City of Wentzville participates in E-Verify.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
1001 Schroeder Creek Blvd Wentzville, MO 63385
Position #00682 ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN – STORMWATER